Boxplot Analytics is hiring a data scientist to join the team full time. This position has a special, profit sharing salary structure with a lot of growth potential.
Boxplot Analytics is a data analytics/data science consulting firm. We complete project-based work for a wide range of clients, across different industries. Projects involve, but are not limited to, data analysis, data cleaning, data visualization, data science, data mining, surveys (writing and analysis), and dashboard creation.
About the job
Job Type: Full-time
You will work closely with our other data scientist to complete client projects. Typical work includes:
- Create custom scripts in Python that clean, modify, aggregate, and analyze data.
- Use statistical methods like regression and decision trees in Python to glean insights about datasets.
- Engage in calls and meetings with clients to understand their needs and translate that into code and analyses that meet their goals.
- Use other analytics programs like Excel and Tableau to clean or visualize data.
- Write formulas in Excel and Tableau based on client needs.
- Connect to APIs via Python and parse the results into a Pandas dataframe for use in analyses.
- Write SQL queries to pull necessary and relevant data from databases.
- A degree in statistics, mathematics, data analytics, or data science. We will consider candidates with Bachelor’s/Master’s in other fields if there is some other type of education (like a bootcamp or career course) and you have a high amount of past experience.
- Ability to work independently and ability to be highly productive while working remotely.
- Self starter with advanced Python and Pandas skills.
- Strong knowledge of statistical techniques including but not limited to: hypothesis testing, regression, decision trees, etc.
- Strong knowledge of SQL.
- Willingness to work nights and/or weekends as necessary to meet client deadlines.
- Ability to attend in-person meetings as needed for clients. Travel as necessary.
- Excellent communication skills; speak and write English fluently.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks/projects concurrently.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills – the ability to confidently interact with clients and others.
All candidates will be tested as part of the interview process. Tests will likely include Python, SQL, and general analysis ability. There will be several stages to the interview process.
- 3-5 years of work experience.
- Experience with BI tools like Tableau, and Excel.
Location: You will be working fully remote (even post pandemic). You must have a distraction-free place to work.
Working Hours: 9am – 5pm Eastern Timezone
Non-Disclosure: You must sign a non-disclosure agreement.
Pay & Benefits
- This position does not include any equity.
- This position has a special salary structure. You will receive a low, base pay, but with profit sharing and referral bonuses.
- Generous health insurance plan
- Short and long term disability
- 15 paid PTO days
Boxplot is an equal opportunity employer.